Sunday, March 27, 2011

DeviantART Muro

Last week I came across a contest on DeviantART for Dr. Pepper ad/painting with a Pepperland theme. I decided to enter, only to find out you have to use this online drawing software the website created. It is fairly easy to use, once you let go of the fact that it is not, nor does it behave like photoshop. I never used Paint or anything like that before so i had to relearn... I don't have a tablet, so i did the entire illustration using the laptop mouse. Can you say "carpal tunnel"?

Althought the program is simple and easy to use, it is loaded with technical problems. Maybe the glitches only happened to me, i don't know, but it is very frustration working on something for days, to later not being able to finish it because it was lost in cyberspace forever. I had the sense to save two copies when i noticed i was having problems saving, so it was not a major loss, but still, the developers should really look into that and fix it.

Other than that, i like the fact that once you get over how rudimentary the program is, i fell in love with it. I am working on another piece, not for the contest though. It feels like an online sketchbook, and it will give me a chance to draw more, since after using photoshop for so long i am a bit intimidated by using paper and pencil.

Anyway, here is my entry. Comments? Suggestions? Thoughts? Let me know!


Island In The Sun by ~yahidithmonnalisa on deviantART